London’s tech community is at the top of its game thanks to many of Britain’s brightest and best entrepreneurs. Today WIRED announces its Top 10 Hottest Startups in London and we are so excited to reveal that yours-truly has made it to 5th place. Without further ado here’s the rundown of London’s coolest startups.
London’s Top 10 HOTTEST Startups 2013
- SwiftKey – SwiftKey is a keyboard app for Android phones collecting data on previous typing habits in order to predict what users want to write.
- GoCardless – GoCardless makes it simple for small businesses to take direct debit payments, avoiding credit-card fees and merchant accounts. They’re Hiring
- MakieLab – MakieLab sells highly customised, 3D printed dolls called Makies, who occupy an accompanying virtual world.
- Shutl – Shutl is a same-day delivery service with an intelligent courier-order matching algorithm.
- Adzuna – THAT’S US!!! Adzuna is a search engine for classified ads used by over 2 million visitors per month which makes it easier to find the right job, property or car. We’re Hiring
- Qubit – Founded by 4 ex-Googlers, Qubit allows retailers to create personalised sites tailored to individual users based on their past behaviour & preferences. They’re Hiring
- DueDil – Duedil’s free-to-access database brings together a wide range of company info. They’re Hiring
- Transferwise – We use these guys! Transferwise is a simple peer-to-peer money transfer service that undercuts the currency-exchange fees charged by banks. They’re Hiring
- HailoCab – Hailo is a mobile Black-Cab taxi-hailing app. They’re Hiring
- Graze – London snack-delivery company, Graze sends healthy snacks using a yummy algorithm. They’re Hiring
WOW what a seriously impressive bunch and we’re THRILLED to be sitting among them. Huge thanks to our awesome investors Passion Capital, Index Ventures, The Accelerator Group, our Mums, ‘other-halves’, our users, supporters and of course, WIRED for this illustrious title. Next year watch out for us at Number 1!! That’s all folks!