2020 has been an extremely challenging year for jobseekers and employers alike. Britain’s job market has been decimated by the Coronavirus crisis, and despite some signs that a recovery may be on the horizon, the picture in September 2020 remains bleak. We are experiencing one of the biggest recessions in living memory; unemployment is rising faster than at any point in our history, hiring activity has collapsed by over 50% and competition for jobs has intensified across the country. All told, over 700,000 Britons have lost their job since the start of the pandemic, and with the government’s job retention scheme coming to a close next month, this looks set to jump well into the millions.
Many jobseekers, workers and businesses are facing anxious weeks ahead and we want to do our bit to bring people together and Restart Britain’s jobs engine. Whether that’s helping people find work faster, providing quality advice to the newly unemployed or harnessing the power of technology to match jobseekers to jobs, help is at hand and the whole team at Adzuna is motivated to do our bit.
To that end, our goal is to help 100,000 people get into work that wouldn’t have done otherwise.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be doubling down our effort to stimulate hiring and help people into work. From the individual jobseeker looking for job hunting tips during the pandemic, to launching new hiring, data and content partnerships like those we’ve already kicked off with the NHS, the Office for National Statistics and the Financial Times. We believe that the job market recovery from this recession has the opportunity to be different to previous financial crises. Businesses like Adzuna have the technology to analyse data, help people make smarter decisions and tools to connect jobseekers to jobs like never before. The hiring landscape in Britain is changing so rapidly that this data and the need to embrace technology is more crucial than ever before. Our mission is to be part of this national comeback story and to serve our industry as best we can to help people up and down the country find jobs, fast.
Our message to jobseekers:
- We’re here to help you. Kickstart your search by visiting our Get Britain Working resources hub where you’ll find tips, tools and advice to help you find a new job.
- Arm yourself with data and know where you stand. Figure out who’s hiring in your local area, what they pay and how suitable your skills are for the jobs out there.
- Zero in on the right role for you. We have all the jobs in one place (over 500,000 of them!), to make your life easier. Get started here.
Our message to employers:
- We want to give you the confidence to start hiring again. Explore our employer resources to understand how recruitment in your industry has changed in the wake of the pandemic.
- In a job market awash with candidates, smart matching of candidates to jobs has never been more important. Give our cutting edge matching technology a try and get in touch with us.
- Bang for your buck – Getting the most out of your recruitment budget is critical at this time. We’ll never charge you to post an ad. You’ll only ever pay for the responses and applications we deliver.