As a fully fledged member of the UK’s Future Fifty companies, Team Adzuna are pleased to share Tech City UK’s latest figures, which highlight technology startups as true force to be reckoned with in the UK economy.
The good news is that the UK’s leading digital businesses are showing clear signs of driving economic growth and latest figures released today highlighted the rate of new jobs created by Future Fifty member businesses is six times the national average.
As London Technology Week looms on the horizon, we wanted to share a few facts and figures with all our fellow tech fans out there!
– Future Fifty businesses employ more than 17,000 staff worldwide
– Jobs at Future Fifty businesses increased by 30 per cent in the 12 months from June 2014 to June 2015 – more than six times the national average of 5.4 per cent
– Most frequently advertised job types (in the past 12 months) included Software developers (57%), Customer Service (11%) and Sales (9%)
– Future Fifty businesses have raised a combined total of £657 million in funding since the programme’s inception over 22 rounds
– From June 2014 to June 2015, the current intake of Future Fifty businesses raised a combined £443 million in funding
– Four Future Fifty businesses have gone public since the programme started – (Ao.com, Horizon Discovery, Just Eat and Zoopla) – raising a combined £1.18 billion on London’s capital markets
To date, Future Fifty businesses can lay claim to paying customers in 170 companies around the globe
Andrew Hunter, co-founder, Adzuna, comments: “This data reflects our own research, confirming the explosive growth of the UK’s digital businesses. It’s an exciting time to be part of the UK’s digital community. Fuelled by record investment, we’re witnessing significant job creation in a maturing sector that is developing into one of the UK’s mainemployers.”
Interested in a career in tech? Check out the latest vacancies at Adzuna.co.uk!