Working in healthcare does not simply involve scraping bedpans and tummy tucks. There is an army of hard working professionals behind the scenes of any healthcare establishment, whether public or private. There are approximately 2.2 million healthcare workers in the UK ranging from doctors, nurses, receptionists, admin, cleaners, human resources, legal team, drivers, suppliers, admin and marketers. All these people work together to ensure the smooth running, effective, efficient and to budget operations of healthcare institutions. In Europe the NHS (National Health System) is the largest employer
Typical skills required in this industry are:
- Good organisational and management skills;
- Good communication and intercommunication skills;
- For doctors, physicians and nurses thorough and extensive knowledge of medicine and healthcare;
- For IT and management good computer and ICT skills
- Thorough understanding and respect for legislative guidelines.