If you are the creative type with strong business acumen, advertising could be an interesting and challenging career for you. Executives in media advertising perform a variety of functions, with one key objective- promoting a product/ idea in a way that stands out with the most outreach. The job entails identifying the target audience, selecting the best media for advertising to them, preparing audiovisual advertising material, copywriting, and delivering the campaign in the most resource efficient manner sticking to the allocated advertising budget. Companies may manage their own advertising, but most employ advertising agencies. You would, in this role be liaising with the senior managers, and marketing teams of a company and delivering a campaign tailored to their needs. The job can keep you on your toes, and you would be required to work to tight deadlines. You may at times be required to put in extra work outside your stipulated office hours as well and you would be expected to be pro-active, and energetic.
The main responsibility of an advertising executive is product/ brand promotion. In this role, you would be involved with the creative as well as business and financial aspects and would need to deliver a successful ad campaign within a slated timeline.
You would need to be someone who:
1. Is Creative with the ability to think 'out of the box'.
2. Has strong business acumen and can understand your client's objectives, business model and target audience quickly
3. Has excellent communication and negotiation skills
4. Is Analytical and organized
5. Is an excellent resource and time manager
6. Adept with project management