We are looking for a competent Care workers to work several different shift patterns to care for our clients in a professional and compassionate manner. It’s an often demanding job but, it can also be very satisfying and rewarding, since people who are ill, injured, disabled or elderly are thankful for the high-quality assistance.
The ideal candidate will be patient and friendly with excellent communication skills. You should be able to follow instructions and perform a variety of tasks to help clients. Drivers are prefferable.
- Help clients take prescribed medication.
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Help clients with physical therapy exercises
- Plan and prepare meals with assistance from the clients (when they are able)
- Do the client’s shopping or accompany them when they shop
- Perform light housekeeping duties that clients can’t complete on their own
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion
- Report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Shift patterns include days/ Evenings/ Roving Nights
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking with attention to dietary constraints
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- DBS Check
- Driving License
- 2 acceptable references