Corin, a rapidly growing orthopaedic medical device business, is currently looking for a Senior Design Engineer to work within our Research & Development department designing medical devises which include implant & instrumentation for all Corin Group products.
Key Responsibilities for a Senior Design Engineer
- Lead the detailed design and development of implant and instrument systems for Corin’s product portfolio including management of resource associated with projects as required.
- Ensure correct management of design control and risk management through the use of the quality system.
- Create and review technical reports.
- Generate full design package to facilitate transfer to Production. Liaise with Production to ensure effective introduction of new devices.
- Provide technical support and maintenance for the existing Corin product range.
- Arrange for the production of prototype or rapid prototypes of implants and instrumentation.
- Technical liaison with the customer and attendance at development meetings.
- Present as technical authority of the Corin hip/knee portfolio both internally and externally.
- Support QA/RA in technical investigations of customer complaints and in compilation of technical sections of regulatory submissions.
- Adher to Quality Management System (QMS) requirements in line with Corin’s ISO13485 QMS & Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) FDA21 CFR Part 820
- Ensure that process & timeline requirements for Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA) are met in accordance with Corin’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and in support of Corin’s Global Objectives for CAPA.
The key competencies we are looking for in a Senior Design Engineer are the ability to;
- Lead the design process.
- Think creatively and critically.
- Generate technical reports.
- Design using 3D and 2D CAD.
- Assess designs via CAD and CAE verification and tolerance stack analysis.
- Design and development, strength in both concept design and detail drafting.
- Act as a technical leader of internal multidisciplinary teams.
- Drive the creation of design solutions and concepts.
- Remain organised and track multiple tasks at varying stages of completion.
- Focus on the detailed elements of the work and to check the quality of their own output.
- Produce and deliver technical presentations.
- Identify and analyse problems and generate design solutions in compliance with design specifications.
As a Senior Design Engineer we are seeking an individual with
- A BEng or BSc in a relevant subject such as Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Industrial / Product Design or demonstrate a similar level of experience.
- Previous experience in a Product Development role with a demonstrable track record of new product introduction.
- An understanding of the orthopaedics or medical devices sector is advantageous, as is an understanding of working in a regulated environment.
- Be highly motivated, proactive and capable of working with minimum of supervision.
- Have good team working, written and verbal communication skills.
- An excellent problem solving skills.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- An excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- An effective decision making skills.
You will also receive a competitive salary and annual bonus as well as;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Excellent pension – up to 9.7% provided by Corin.
- Life assurance (6x basic salary).
- Private medical insurance with BUPA for you and your family.
- Subsidised canteen, subsidised gym membership and more
Corin manufactures clinically proven implants (hip, knee, ankle and shoulder replacements) at our head office in Cirencester and we distribute these worldwide to countries such as Japan, USA, Australia and Europe. Our tag line “Connected Orthopaedic Insight” shows that we are revolutionising the orthopaedic market as we are now using technology (OPS and RPM) to understand and provide patient data to the surgeon and healthcare providers to deliver better outcomes to everyone.
Corin are the 2nd largest employer in Cirencester with nearly 400 employees who consist of manufacturing (CNC operatives), Engineering (quality and production engineering), Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Marketing, Sales, HR, IT, Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics. We are easily accessible from the A419, A435, M5 and M4 if you live in Swindon, Wiltshire, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bristol, Bath, Stroud or Oxford - Corin could be the company for you.