20,410 P.A. ?
|Company:||Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd|
Green Shoots Recruitment Ltd is looking to recruit a Print Buyer responsible for buying of all printed matter – paper, cardboard, plastic etc – for brochures, leaflets, signage, exhibition stands, stickers, labels, packaging, despatch boxes.
• Create print specification brief in collaboration with the design and marketing team
• Put specification out to tender with suitable suppliers
• Collect and aggregate quotes, checking for accuracy.
• Collaborate with design and marketing to make final decision
• Oversee the final print, potentially press passing on site
• Ensuring final job is delivered on time and to the specification agreed
• Support the implementation of a print buying software system to manage all jobs
• Liaise with stakeholders across the business to ensure that needs are met on time
• Explore and keep in touch with new print materials and methods
• Working experience with Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel) (essential)
• Working experience with print management software (desirable)
• Service orientated – in terms of collaborating with and serving the design and marketing team
• Level headed – able to remain composed in a busy marketing team environment
• Visual/creative appreciation – able to understand the creative process and how print can support this
• We before me – company first mentality
• Good self-esteem (not saying sorry and lacking in a lot of confidence – also not over confident).
• Flexibility – able to cope with sudden changes in direction/specification or spontaneous print needs
• Plate spinning – able to keep on top of a plethora of concurrent print projects
• Methodical – in terms of carrying about the process from start to finish
• Friendly, confident and able to engage and collaborate well with others - happy face to face and using telephone – really strong ability to build relationships both internally and externally
• Not arrogant or overly confrontational – but also not too easily pushed around – needs to be able to push suppliers when needed in terms of pricing, timings and other aspects.
• Investigatory/exploratory instinct – willing and able to explore and understand new print materials and print methods – particularly within the sustainable sector
• Willing to travel to suppliers in the UK and abroad
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: