Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The role is based within the Facilities Management and Real Estate organisation across the whole Airbus UK portfolio of sites with direct accountability into the Airbus central organisation.
· The department is responsible for the provision and delivery of real estate management (tenant and landlord), aerodrome management, major building and construction projects, minor works, energy supply and management, services – maintenance, catering, cleaning, waste management, transportation, translation, library, graphics and printing and space management. Supporting all the teams is our Performance and Improvement organisation
· Within FM&RE, the Commercial and Defence and Space sites were merged into one organisation giving major opportunities to share best practices delivering harmonised processes and standards across all 5 major sites, this has included the utilisation of resources.
· Major projects: In 2018 – 2020 the Airbus Defence & Space site at Stevenage will see a £35m investment project of a new HQ for Space in the UK that will house prime project functions, to deliver the Telecoms and Science space missions. This is a significant project that would allow the successful candidate to have direct involvement with a development in construction project management and space utilisation for a workspace that meets the changing demographics and culture of the site
· Asset Investment Strategy: current investment requirements are circa €5.6m just in 2018 across the three ADS sites with ongoing year on year investments. Whilst asset condition surveys have been undertaken, a detailed strategic road map is in place to support the clean room performance for the manufacture of satellites and secure communications utilising asset profiling, performance history, current ISO 5/8 clean room standards and risk impacts to generate by site a five year rolling investment strategy
· Commercial investment per annum across, Facilities Management circa 9m€ pa and business capital investment FM support circa 15m€
· Identify and manage specific energy projects that will support the Airbus ‘Vision 2030’ corporate environmental objectives
Tasks & accountabilities
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
· Project Management
· Support to Energy utilisation/conservation assessments and contributing to proposals for investments
· Office space management, including identification of ‘new ways of working’
· Delivery of a consolidated asset management strategy
· Business Case generation to support capital investment applications in the UK
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note our Internships are open to undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
· Financial awareness
· Project Management
· Technical / Workspace Management knowledge
· Stakeholder Management
· Effective communication skills
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.