Senior Mechanical Engineer - Bristol
Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you enjoy being part of an inclusive team where respect for people is a priority? Then Sweco is the place to be. Working, as part of a busy team within the Southern Department of our Water Business Unit you will be reporting to the MEICA Team Manager, delivering outline mechanical design and detailed specifications primarily for Water and Wastewater schemes.
You will also work closely with other disciplines and electrical engineering staff from accross the wider Water Business Unit in the UK & Ireland to deliver projects.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our team. In this role you'll be responsible for:
- Providing day to day technical input suitable for role as part of a team of Engineers and Technicians
- Undertaking tasks assigned by the team leader to support design delivery.
- Providing regular feedback of progress to the team leader to assist in the management of delivery and ensure that project delivery meets the client's objectives and requirements
- Ensure tasks are carried out and completed in accordance with the agreed scope of works, timescales and budgets.
- Working to establish Company systems as set out within the Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
- Trained and familar with the latest Wiring Regulations
- Undertaking elements or tasks for outline designs and detailed specification of electrical works
- Assisting team members with consultation with stakeholders
- Liaising with team members, clients and other disciplines to work together to delivery project Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required to deliver project requirements.
- Working in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required to deliver project requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical design for the water industry
- Ability to work with engineers from all disciplines and other water industry professionals to optimise and develop bespoke, 'value for money' and innovative designs.
- Experience in the delivery of water designs and specifications on water related projects for Water Companies, Contractors and industry
- Appreciation of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable solutions
- Appreciation of water and wastewater processes
- Appreciation of health and safety legislation
?Professional Membership and Qualifications:
- Degree or Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartership with a suitable professional body.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a small team and work with Clients.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
What's in it for you?
An open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you'll help to develop and shape tomorrow's communities by being a trusted consultant to our customers. Sweco is ranked 6th in the NCE top 100.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we'd love to hear from you.
More about us...
Approachable and committed people are the core our business. Serving our customers in challenging projects is part of our daily work. Continuous development of your expertise is not an option but a requirement.
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 16,000 employees in Europe, we offer our customers the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 16.0 billion (EUR 1.7 billion) (pro forma 2015). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.