Work on the latest location-aware technology in a fast-paced, engaging environment and play a part in changing the way we work, live, and experience information. This is a great opportunity to design next-gen Esri SDKs on one of the most diverse and widely used platforms in the world.
- Develop an SDK for use in retail, urban planning, field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and more
- Understand user requirements and participate in the design and implementation of new APIs in an agile development environment using Scrum
- Design and develop open source toolkit components that complement the SDK
- Build showcase and sample apps using Esri technology and third party services
- Go beyond just coding and help us implement unit and functional tests and high quality API doc, as well as participate in the continuous improvement of our development processes
- Increase test coverage across a wide range of supported Android devices by improving our automated test processes
- Work within a team that is distributed over several locations and time zones
- Stay up to date with latest JavaFX developments and technology
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Experience with Gradle
- Experience with desktop apps
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to work on a team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field
- Prior experience building spatial/mapping applications or software components
- Relevant software projects shared publicly such as on GitHub, blogs, or other websites
- Experience in unit and functional testing
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, pension scheme and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.