Aircraft Maintenance Safety Assurance Specialist
- The Boeing Company
Apply for this job
Boeing is the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defence systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. Our reach extends to customers in 145 countries around the world.
Boeing has a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. We continue to expand our product line and services to meet emerging customer needs.
This post will support the discharge of Safety Management System activities in support of the Boeing Defence UK maintenance/production organisation.
The aircraft Maintenance Safety Management Assurance Specialist will have the following primary responsibilities:
* Compliance with all applicable regulations, standards and Boeing procedures.
* Support the development and maintenance of operations safety documentation.
* Support Hazard Working Groups including; hazard facilitation, risk sentencing using the applicable Risk Matrices, population and maintenance of Risk Registers and facilitation and management of Bow Tie diagrams for the top risks and hazard identification for routine operations and for test campaigns.
* Support SMS Promotion and Training to facilitate and sustain a Just Reporting Culture within the Maintenance/Production Organisation.
* Lead/support Maintenance Safety Investigations and complete Investigation Reports.
* Support occurrence management reviews and reports.
* Track the actions from maintenance safety investigations to ensure timely closure of actions and conduct a regular review with action owners; assisting action owners to conduct full Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
* To facilitate and sustain a Just Culture within the Boeing Defence UK Maintenance/Production Organisation.
* Conduct Maintenance Safety audits and in support of the Aircraft Programmes Quality Manager, manage the annual safety audit plan. This includes preparation for external audits and the management and oversight of all safety audit non-conformances.
* Support / deliver SMS training to operations staff.
* Deliver Human Factors Training within Aircraft Programmes.
* Assist the MSO with the continuous improvement of the SMS implementation within the Boeing Defence UK Maintenance/Production organisation (advising on changes to regulatory, standards and internal procedures).
* Provide data and metrics relating to findings from investigation reports and safety audit findings to the Operations Safety Actions Group (SAG).
The aircraft Maintenance Safety Management Assurance Specialist will also have the following secondary responsibilities:
* Assist the Maintenance Safety Official and Occurrence Manager in the triage of internal occurrence reports and assist with appropriate investigations.
* Assist the Aircraft Programmes quality department with product non-conformance investigations and assist in the tracking of the actions to ensure their timely closure.
* Conduct a regular review with action owners and assist action owners to conduct full Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
* Conduct internal quality audits of the aircraft maintenance organization.
Travel within the UK is expected.
Maintenance/Modification experience in a civil or military environment
Safety Management Systems training and experience
Previous industry experience in the application of aviation safety policy
Safety investigation experience
Ability to identify help needed and coordinate with the appropriate leaders and team members
Qualified Auditor in Safety or Quality with experience in auditing techniques
HNC level qualification in Engineering or relative subject
Human Factors Facilitator
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
**Job** *Quality Production Spclst*
**Organization:** *Boeing Defence United Kingdom*
**Title:** *Aircraft Maintenance Safety Assurance Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *1900059929*
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply for this job