- Visteon Corporation
Apply for this job
* Program Management
VECO - Chelmsford
Chelmsford, ESSEX, GBR
* This position is for a Global Program Manager to lead the Program Team in delivering Forward Model program(s) into production for Nissan.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all Program activities per VPDS & APQP.
* Responsible to manage the FM project in all the aspects of the business, technical, financial and quality.
* Lead preparation of and representation in ISO Audits (internal & external).
Job Key Results Area
* Provide project management lead for the Forward Model products.
* Project-manage the timely completion of Gate Reviews deliverables and internal Project Board Monthly report outs.
* Work with the Program Chief Engineer to develop a schedule of program activities and track their delivery.
* Track and control project costs and investments: BOM, BWS, F&Ts & Vendor Tooling.
* Monitor and ensure business profitability together with the Account Team.
* Understand customer expectations and ensure these are part of the program plans.
* Support in the identification and resolution of project organisation and/or technical product development issues.
* Provide support to the Account Manager in commercial negotiations, RFQ/RFI.
* Program support with customer and suppliers.
* Chair Program Change Control meetings.
* Maintain an up-to-date Program Timing plan aligned with PD, Manufacturing & Customer milestones.
* Support Auto Spice Internal Audits.
* Maintain or Improve Customer Relationships.
* Engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Knowledge of structured Product Development & Quality toolsets.
* Understanding of VPDS.
* Solid business understanding.
* Understanding of Electronic Circuit Design.
* Understanding of Software Development Process and measurables.
* Product development experience of Electronics products through all stages of the development process
* Prior experience of working with Jaguar Land Rover as a customer
* Leadership skills.
* Sound business acumen.
* Project planning and control skills, including requirements and change management.
* Good presentation & interpersonal skills.
* IT literate including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Project.
* Fluent in English language technical & commercial both speaking and writing.
* Excellent project management and Engineering skills.
* Understanding of the Customer delivery milestones.
* Understanding of APQP requirements.
* Understanding of Visteon release process.
* Self-motivated, self-starter and hands-on problem solver.
* Ability to think 'outside the box'.
* Extremely high level of integrity.
* Strong customer focus.
* Takes action to resolve obstacles impacting the Project Team and their deliverables.
* Takes responsibility and shows accountability to ensure personal, project team and Visteon goals are met.
* Communicates effectively at all levels and creates an environment where opinions can be shared.
* Delegates effectively and generates a level of trust.
* Meets commitments or informs stakeholders.
* Able to comfortably manage multiple tasks & assignments under time constraints
* Ability to understand and filter through the "political" implications internally, with customer and supplier negotiation.
* Encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
* Able to focus others on being accountable for commitments.
* Able to create a cohesive team with a common understanding and focus on the Project Deliverables.
*Posted:* April 23, 2019
Apply for this job