Quality Control Technician 2
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days, private pension and healthcare scheme
- sgsco | SGS | Marks R5
Apply for this job
Job Title: Quality Control
Salary: £ Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Hull City Centre
SGS, an sgsco company, is an industry leader in design-to-print branding opportunities partnering with global corporations to produce packaging with noteworthy brand recognition. With over 60 years’ experience serving the Print, Retail, Consumer Goods and Pharmaceutical Markets, the company’s operations are located across North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia - Pacific.
Due to an exciting new business award, we are offering a fantastic opportunity to develop a valuable and rewarding career by joining a talented and dedicated team in an amazing working environment, where you will receive ongoing support and training. So if you’re a highly motivated individual who’s eager to learn, have a great work ethic and the drive and ambition to contribute to our highly skilled workforce then we want to hear from you.
Responsible to ensure all deliverables will print according to the brief supplied and brand consistencies are adhered to
• Check the digital artwork / proofs being produced will print and are completed to the brief supplied.
• To feedback errors to production team in a timely manner.
• To use internal MIS in accordance with standardised work procedures to ensure an accurate permanent asset database is maintained.
• To understand the importance of using systems and to monitor and record QC errors on all jobs.
• To adhere to all internal processes in place for art working and repro
• To adhere to all reporting processes set up within the department
• Provide input into development of QC process based on client needs.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience working with digital artwork files
• Experience of proof reading
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office setting.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Demonstrate ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
• Understand technical aspects of reprographics and be able to quality check trapping and separations.
• Good knowledge of the graphic Mac applications, illustrator, Acrobat are preferable.
• Good knowledge of different print processes: Flexo, Litho, Gravure.
• Good knowledge of repro.
Apply for this job