We are recruiting a Field Engineers to work with one of the largest 25 charities in the UK. The successful candidate will be a motivated and committed person who will ensure the effective operation of the ICT infrastructure, communication systems, hardware and software across the Group.
- Provide hands on local ICT support fixing all ICT issues in remote offices.
- Travel to different offices across the Group as and when required to provide ICT assistance and resolve ICT hardware and software issues.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager, Field Engineer Team Leader and other ICT team members to determine how best to deal with ICT issues quickly and efficiently as they are logged through the Servicedesk.
- Work with the Field Engineer Team Leader to address assigned calls.
- Work with Service Desk and Desktop Support advising on call progress and where appropriate advise them on how best to address different types of calls.
- Work as part of ICT, to support the development and implementation of technical solutions to support the company’s expansion and other initiatives
- Use Support Works to access calls and provide appropriate solutions and update as appropriate.
- Work within the requirements of service level agreements including fix times
- Liaise with customers about the resolution of the call ensuring they are always up to date with progress.
- Perform all duties within the requirements of an SLA/OLA
- Will be required to participate in the provision of a standby and on call service
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
Essential Person Specification
- Excellent knowledge of systems, software, technologies, communications and suppliers to support business needs with particular emphasis on Microsoft based products
- Familiarity with Windows desktop OS and Office 365.
- Familiarity with a broad range of hardware including printers, tablets, mobiles, and laptops.
- Must have own transport and be able to carry equipment to remote offices as and when required.
- Demonstrative experience working as a field engineer resolving issues with both hardware and software.
- Experience of Service desk or customer service/support environment.
- Strong communication skills – Able to communicate effectively on technical and business issues (Internal & External)
- Excellent problem solving skills. An ability to be flexible and pragmatic in providing solutions to customers.
- An understanding of Citrix thin client technology, Secure Gateway and XenApp.
- General understanding of Wide Area Network technology.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.