Senior Engineer is required for the Water / Wastewater division. The first positon will be based out of Euston for our HS2 project. Candidate will be responsible for the management of all engineering functions on a project, co-ordination of the temporary works, co-ordination of setting out, ensuring digital engineering & BIM compliance and providing management support to the PM. A successful candidate will be expected to be a good team member and show effective time management in discharging their duties.
As part of the overall £55.7 billion national rail scheme, J.Murphy & Sons have been awarded three multi-utility diversion packages in the vicinity of Euston Station which are an integral part of the overall delivery of the station expansion under the main works. We have developed these packages through an ECI process with CSJV to ensure optimum design solution on the routes and construction methodologies chosen. These diversionary works will involve the re-routing of statutory utilities including assets for communication firms BT, Verizon, Virgin Media, Zayo and Vodafone. There are Thames Water assets requiring removal, re-routing and relining for both clean and wastewater involving multiple sewer relining with associated shaft construction and trenching. Other elements of works are the abandonment of an existing gas main and the replacement of a section of 36” gas main for resilience as well as two UKPN routes for 11 kV and 132 kV and the construction of associated chambers for jointing and pulling.
Following this project there are numerous opportunities across the group for people with the right skills and experience.
* Identification and management of Temporary Works. To fulfil the position of Temporary Works Coordinator - preferably CITB TWC qualification – with suitable site experience of similar works (shafts and trenching)
* The day to day management of all engineering activities currently being undertaken including assessment of permanent and temporary works design works requirements and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
* The review and acceptance of IFC documents.
* Responsible for the management and development of junior engineers.
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
* Responsible for ensuring that all changes in client / company standards are captured reviewed and briefed out to all staff who have safety critical involvement.
* Ultimately responsible for all engineering activities both on and off site for the particular project in question.
* Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
* Responsible for preparation and briefing of all method statements and risk assessments.
* Ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with risk assessments and method statements.
* Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
* Delivering safety briefings and Tool Box Talks.
* Providing program and progress reports/updates as required.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Liason with the designers/client providing constructability input during solutions identification and design phase.
* The review of all Designs to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
* Compliance with all responsibilities detailed in the project quality plan and Inspection and Test Plans.
* Ensuring works are undertaken and completed in accordance with the project specifications and statutory authority specifications
* Raising and closing out of any Non-Conformance Reports.
* Setting out of works as per IFC drawings and compilation of the As Constructed information.
* Compliance with all responsibilities detailed in the project environmental plan.
* Preparation of drawings/sketches in the Auto Cad format as required.
Skills and Experience
* Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer or working towards this status
* Previous experience in the water/wastewater/Utilities sector is essential.
* Proficient in the use of AutoCad software.
* Proficient in digital engineering / BIM is desirable but experience is essential
* Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
* Proficient in the use of surveying equipment including but not limited to GPS, robotic total station, pipe laser and automatic level.