This is a Full-Time role of 37.5 hours per week; with shifts patterns between the hours of 07:00 and 21:00 Monday to Sunday, with flexibility for occasional additional cover when required.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Health Care Assistant with proven experience, to join our wonderful team located in our Parkway Hospital.
Spire Parkway Hospital has just completed a £9 million development programme that included a state-of-the-art Spire Specialist Care Centre and new Endoscopy Suite. It has also seen the total refurbishment of the hospital's 51 bedrooms as well as one of its five operating theatres. The Spire Specialist Care Centre offers treatment for a wide range of cancers as well a Rapid Access Breast Clinic and a One-Stop Haematuria Clinic.
Duties and responsibilities
In this fast-paced role, you will be required to assist our Clinical team in providing exemplary Care within the Theatre department, whilst providing Healthcare Assistance to our Nursing team - this will include routine tasks related to the delivery of care to ensure our patient's health and well being. You will move and set up diagnostic equipment (after training) and other resources, as well as applying technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment. You must have experience or a willingness to learn both Venepuncture and ECG Recording.
You will also be part of a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security and infection control, working as part of a team in the development of knowledge
Who we're looking for
As an experienced HCA, you will be fundamental in providing Healthcare Support to our Nursing Team to ensure patients receive the best possible personal care.
- Venepuncture and ECG recording are requirements for this role
- System literacy is essential; MS Office and SAP is desirable, however, not essential for the right candidate
- Previous experience within a Similar role
- Must be accurate and have a strong desire for attention to detail.
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland. For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.