Informa Pharma Intelligence has a newly created opportunity for a Senior Pharma Consultant to join its team in London, UK. The Senior Pharma Consultant will contribute to and lead the successful delivery of Pharma consulting projects, manage client communication, work with junior team members, and ensure client satisfaction to build long-term relationships and cultivate new and continuous business.
Pharma Consulting is a specialised pharmaceutical and healthcare consultancy. We inform investment, development, and commercial decisions across the world for some of the largest pharmaceutical companies, as well as biotech and specialty companies. As part of the Informa family, our consultants have access to best-in-class information assets, experts across numerous therapeutic and functional areas, and a team of peers with exceptional consulting experience. As data, analytics, and business intelligence is becoming an ever more important element in the broader healthcare industry, we offer an opportunity to become intimately familiar with the information most relevant to biopharmaceutical companies and learn how to utilise this asset for all kinds of business decisions.
Project management and delivery:
· In collaboration with Principal Consultants and Directors, ownership of project delivery and project management.
· Responsible for core content and deliverables of assigned projects, along with project organisation and timeliness.
· Manage client communication while on projects, including conducting research, interviews, running analyses and developing analytical frameworks.
· Ensure deliverables are always professional, accurate, on time and in the correct template.
· Work with junior members of the team to delegate tasks and mentor when appropriate.
· Ensure client satisfaction to drive business development.
Develop thought leadership & an area of expertise:
· Build up areas of expertise to become a recognised point of reference by the team. These should align with Pharma Consulting's key areas of activity, a therapy area, a type of client, a project framework, technique or key market issue.
· Expand knowledge of emerging market dynamics and the healthcare system in developed markets.
· Generate ideas for business development strategies and implement with the guidance of Directors.
· Share contacts that could lead to projects and develop client relationships.
· Support business development activities by participating in writing proposals, scoping out leads, etc.; providing support at meetings and calls with clients; and conducting independent business development when at meetings (aligned to the strategy set by Directors).
· 3 - 5 years of relevant analytical experience with the ability to dive into clinical trial detail, provide commercial analyses, understand issues, identify insights, come up with innovative ideas, and develop actionable recommendations.
· Proactive, entrepreneurial, and able to challenge the status quo.
· An interest in continual learning and developing further industry knowledge.
· Proven client management and presentation skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Team player, able to share best practices and support colleagues when there is free time or capacity.
· Ability to multitask across a range of projects with varying degrees of complexity.
· Demonstrable ability to think laterally about researching and sourcing information from within and outside of internal company resources.
· Advanced Power Point and Excel, including an ability to build and interrogate complex forecasting models.
· Strong understanding of global healthcare systems, the clinical development process and clinical study design.
· Experience in strategy, project management or consulting with healthcare and/or pharmaceutical companies.
· Working knowledge and experience with qualitative and quantitative market research principles, including forecasting capabilities and competitive landscaping.