We have an exciting and extensive portfolio of high profile transport planning projects currently underway and continuing to grow. For example, we work with Transport Scotland developing business cases for large infrastructure projects, providing traffic and economic advisor roles and we are embarking on the Strategic Transport Projects Review project which will set the direction for transport investment in Scotland for the next 20 years. Alongside this, we work with a number of Regional Transport Partnerships, Local Authorities and other bodies developing appraisals, feasibility studies, active travel action plans amongst a range of other varied and interesting projects.
We have a strong Transport Planning team of 30 people in Scotland and work alongside our colleagues further afield in the rest of the UK and beyond. The team is fully integrated into AECOM's wider Scottish multi-disciplinary business. The Transport Planning team is part of the Consulting sector offering a range of planning, modelling and appraisal services across all transport modes to local, regional and national government as well as the private sector.
We are looking for motivated transport planners to join our team helping manage and deliver this work with fantastic opportunities for career development. The role would include review and interpretation of transportation technical data, travel demand forecasting, motorised and non-motorised transportation impact analysis, and identification, assessment and recommendation of transportation infrastructure and policy solutions to address identified issues.
- Directly manage projects or assist project managers with:Developing and reviewing transport appraisals, providing succinct and robust technical comments
- Reviewing model outputs to assess the performance of proposed schemes
- Developing transport studies, plans or strategies for towns, corridors or regions
- Managing and undertaking the gathering and review of data
- Explaining technical concepts to others including more junior colleagues and clients
- Preparing or supervising the preparation of presentations and presenting information to internal and external groupsWork to ensure outputs are delivered on time and to an excellent standard
- Provide updates to project managers/directors in terms of the progress of tasks in line with programmes
- Work closely with other parts of the Consulting group and the wider business both locally and across the country.
- Strong and detailed communication skills
- Open and collaborative ethos
- Flexible and approachable behaviour
- Master's Degree
- Member of a professional organisation (or working towards professional membership)
- Project management experience
- Work winning / bidding experience
- Experience of line managing and helping develop junior members of the team
- Bachelor's Degree Level Qualification or higher in a related field
- Experience in Transport Planning studies
- Experience with report writing and presentations
- Understanding of appraisal requirements and confidence in working with the transport modelling team
- Strong analytical abilities
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 213802BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.