Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist the Site Manager in the execution of his duties and deliver the works safely, to the required quality, on programme and within budget.
What will this role involve?
* Manage the works in accordance with Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation and set a good example to the site team and supply chain partners
* Assist the Site Manager in carrying out their duties in the role of Supervisor
* Maintain customer and client focus for the works
* Actively assist in monitoring and managing the works to ensure the scheme is delivered in accordance with the agreed programme
* Ensure the works are undertaken to the contract specification / works information Support the partnering ethos to provide a working environment of co-operation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty with all parties Undertake daily/shift briefings
* Undertake workforce consultation meetings
* Cascade any changes in Legislation and Policy to staff/sites Undertake weekly safety inspections
* Contribute to the site safety meetings
* Analyse Near Misses and report findings to the Site Manager
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will be currently working in a similar position and have a degree in engineering. You will be good at problem solving, have commercial awareness, be excellent in planning and organising, as well as having the technical knowledge.
You will be a team player with a willingness to assist colleagues, and can work to deadlines. You will be customer focussed, and can multi-task and prioritise work in a demanding environment. You will be flexible to assist with the demand of the role. The role will also require some occasional night works., but has very limited travel.
What makes this role unique?
You will support the partnering ethos to provide a working environment of co-operation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty with all parties.