Laing O’Rourke’s 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic multidisciplinary team at the start of an exciting journey setting out to redefine the way we build, and contribute to a game changing approach to construction.
The role of Senior Structural Engineer retains a technical focus whilst providing the opportunity to contribute to the creation of an innovative building system, right though manufacture and on to installation on site.
The role involves:
* Responsibility for the engineering of parts of the structure and fabric of the AMF Product System, and their application to several client projects, and the continued development of the AMF Product System to maintain competitiveness and improve performance.
* Ensuring technical excellence, assurance and performance across all projects and opportunities from pre-project, early engagement and work winning through to detailed delivery. All our engineers are part of our Engineering Enterprise and aligned with our overall strategy to maximise DfMA, Digital Engineering, and Early Engagement.
* Developing and managing the structural design of the AMF Product System, including working closely with appointed consultants and specialists, to ensure the integrity of the structure and fabric and achieve the performance requirements for lifetime serviceability.
* Working with other disciplines across the AMF product team to achieve a fully integrated and optimised solution.
* Liaison with accreditation bodies and test houses in order to verify the above, and to prepare interpretive reports from testing and incorporate resulting changes as necessary.
* Working with manufacturing, supply chain, procurement and logistics to ensure product ‘manufacturability’, ‘buildability’, suitability for handling, transport and installation, as well as cost-efficiency.
* Supporting the development of AMF Structures & Fabric product requirements and specification.
* Ensuring all relevant system design models, drawings, rulebooks, datasheets and technical specifications are completed and released for manufacture in line with agreed schedules.
* Supporting the continued development of the AMF Product System to maintain and improve competitiveness including the design, management, execution and interpretation of ad-hoc, indicative and formal testing as required.
* Supporting the application of the AMF Product System to specific client projects to help ensure the technical integrity of the structure and fabric, and assist in on-site solutions and remediation as necessary
* As required, the development of incremental or bespoke technical solutions for client projects.
* Degree in Civil Engineering Discipline, other construction or design related degree, or an industry recognised technical or engineering qualification (NVQ level 4) plus demonstrable experience in a design and construction delivery environment.
* Professionally qualified / chartered by a recognised body (or working towards it, with attainment expected in the near future)
* 5+ years relevant technical / practical experience within an engineering role is preferred.
* Good problems solving and communication skills.
About the Company:
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally-focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.