- Electrical Engineer
- £30,000 - £34,000
- Permanent – 40 hours per week
My client is looking to recruit, and electrical maintenance engineer based in Trowbridge Wiltshire, working across a variety of council run commercial properties. The contract is a mix of schools, libraries, offices, and car parks. The role is mobile and will come with a work van, predominantly maintenance work, with some installations. The role is Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm with opportunity for overtime.
Duties of the role include:
- All electrical maintenance including lighting, wiring, alarms, testing, ups, emergency power and lighting systems
- Carry out PPM and fill in association paperwork
- Attend reactive calls to breakdowns on critical systems
- Complete electrical testing and minor electrical works as required
- Working across a variety of commercial buildings on a mobile basis
- Paperwork associated with the role
- Working as an individual or as part of a wider team of engineers and maintenance assistants
- Building strong relationships with customers and staff
- Take part in team meetings as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Electrically qualified with City and Guilds or NVQ
- City and Guilds 2391 test and inspection - desirable (not essential)
- Good experience of electrical maintenance and repairs in a commercial environment
- Be able to pass and enhanced DBS check
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Looking to grow as an engineer with potential progressions in the future.
- Good problem-solving skills to come up with solutions to problems and as part of innovation on the contract
- Gets on with the job even when there is no immediate supervision available.
- Plans own workload and schedule to make the best use of time.
- Takes ownership of customer requests and issues and sees them through to conclusion on behalf of the customer.