Title : Business Administrator Requisition ID :2019-39096 Work Location :GB-Yorkshire-Hull Department / Discipline : Administration/Secretarial/Support Staff Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Business Administrator (Contract) in our Hull office to cover a period of annual leave from 17th June 2019 to 21st June 2019.
The role will be to provide professional and effective administrative support to the business, in line with organisational goals and values.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Greet clients in a professional, positive manner and conduct Fire / Health & Safety inductions * Undertake administrative duties supporting various functions such as Procurement, HR, Finance, Sales/Marketing, Health, Safety & Quality, and OMS Management team. This includes but not limited to:
* Filing/Scanning/Photocopying * Hospitality and professional arrangements as necessary * Co-ordination of meetings as required * Preparing and distributing ad-hoc meeting notes / trackers etc. (as required) * Facilitating internal requests such as arranging for Couriers, purchasing of equipment and other items * Facilitating external requests as necessary * Managing all postal duties such as, receipt and distribution of post and parcels daily as well as preparing internal post for collection, and visiting the post office to carry out special or recorded deliveries of confidential mail
* Assisting with market research, i.e. researching information on competitors, potential customers / companies, LinkedIn key contacts etc. * Ensure meeting rooms supplies are well stocked daily, i.e. the coffee machines are ready and drinks are replenished * Answer the telephone in a professional manner and routing calls as required. Screening of telephone calls is required * Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary, maintaining visitor logs and setting up new starters or disabling leavers * Respond to routine requests for information. Assemble relevant data and compile as necessary
Skills / Qualifications
* GCSE or suitable qualification in English & Mathematics * ECDL / Word Processing qualification * Certificate in Business Administration or equivalent
* Previous clerical experience in a business support function * Experience of using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel * Dealing with clients face to face, on telephone or via e-mail in a professional and confident manner * Preparation of documentation: email, letters, reports and presentations as required * Planning and organising meetings
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral * Computer literate with practical experience of examining data and information from a variety of sources * Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive relationship to liaise with people at all levels of the organisation * Proven organisational and administrative skills * Self-motivated, able to prioritise own workload and work under minimum supervision * Good numeracy skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.