The London Oratory School invites you to apply for the post of Teacher of History. This is a temporary full-time post to cover maternity leave. Trad, but quirky, The London Oratory is amongst the city’s most prestigious Catholic schools. Educating boys from 7 to 18, with girls in the sixth form, it puts a strong emphasis on music with a liturgical twist, all as part of a broad, liberal arts curriculum – but that’s not all, so do please visit our website for a fuller flavour: www.london-oratory.org! The School enjoys a highly competitive salary scale to recognise and reward the very committed body of staff that make up its Common Room.
We are recruiting for a History teacher to join our supportive and collegial History department. The successful candidate will benefit from, and be able to contribute to, a well-ordered, warm-hearted and highly disciplined school. The School puts a premium on a virtue based, character development curriculum in the Catholic, Oratorian tradition, underpinning and enriching both knowledge rich and skills-based approaches to pedagogy; as such, all teaching staff are expected to make a contribution to the rich intellectual, spiritual, pastoral and co-curricular life of the school, in whatever way their talents suggest.
We invite applicants who are either new to the profession and looking to grow into their first post, and/or those who are more experienced. Either way, you will have a strong degree of expertise in your chosen subject, be empathetic and a real energiser, keen to share your enthusiasm for the subject and for teaching. And, either way, we will give you all the support you need to develop your potential as a teacher and/or educational manager and leader.
In addition to first class, tasteful facilities (including on-site parking, a gym and swimming pool) and a highly competitive salary package, here are five reasons as to why you might consider working with us:
1. Our vision: A compelling vision of what a distinctively Catholic education should look like, open to the world and fitting pupils to move through it with panache and confidence;
2. Our pupils: Well-disciplined, switched on, cosmopolitan - and quirky - supported in their growth by skilled staff and a tightly structured pastoral system;
3. Our staff: An intellectually lively and collegial Common Room culture, that supports you in your growth as a subject and pedagogical expert;
4. Our priority: A highly supportive and collegial atmosphere at all levels that values and recognises the great work that teachers do, and the challenges and sacrifices they make to do it. In addition to daily freshly brewed coffee, we also offer full access to staff medical and counselling services, should these be required;
5. Your future: An innovative staff development programme that looks to support you in growing in your vocation, in a school that is keen to think through the implications of cutting edge pedagogical research and development, within a rich philosophical and spiritual heritage.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed. If you would like to visit, or have any queries, please do get in touch with Mr Dan Wright, Headmaster by email on email@example.com.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted, and they School reserves the right to interview suitable applicants before the deadline.
We understand that timing is essential in all successful relationships, and so, if now is less than ideal for you, please do consider putting you CV and details in our ‘drop box’ on the ‘Recruitment’ tab on our website (www.london-oratory.org) and we’ll be sure to keep you in view.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Langley Park School for Girls
MPS/UPS Outer London £28,355 - £44,541
more details »