We invest in the best – We pay £9,000 Welcome Bonus for all Nurses - * Terms & conditions apply
We are seeking Staff Nurses (RMN) to work in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) at The Huntercombe Hospital Stafford located in Wheaton Aston, 10 miles from Telford & 12 miles from Wolverhampton.
The hospital is a 36 bed Tier 4 CAMHS hospital for young people aged 12 -18 years with a range of mental health disorders and includes the following units:
- PICU-Psychiatric intensive care unit
- General Adolescent service
- Eating Disorders service
There is FREE PARKING at hospital which is located close to the village of Wheaton Aston.
Huntercombe can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you’ll be able to make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As a Staff Nurse (RMN) working in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) your main duties will be:
- Actively participating with the multidisciplinary team in formulating individualised person centred care plans and utilising appropriate assessments
- Administering drugs and checking preparations in accordance with company policy and procedures and NMC guidelines
- Providing assistance and clinical leadership in the induction/development and supervision of new and junior staff
- Regularly reviewing risk factors and working in conjunction with other health professionals to modify care plans as appropriate
- Ensuring that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisations policies and procedures
- Liaising effectively with all actively involved in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients/residents
- To protect vulnerable children from internal/external factors and act as a Patient Advocate
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Staff Nurse you will be:-
- A Registered Nurse with current NMC registration (Mental Health, Learning disability, Child) appropriate to the job
- Able to maintain professional standards of practice at all times
- Flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Able to motivate, lead and supervise a team
- Person centred, showing empathy with a desire to make a difference
- Professional in your approach to customer care
- Motivated with the desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Able to provide demonstrable experience of working in mental health and of enhancing care
In return we offer you:
- A generous bonus payment - *T's & C's apply
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- Reimbursement for NMC registration fees
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Relocation allowance of up to £8000.00
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
If you like what you have read, please click Apply now.