Reporting to your Tax Managers, this position involves working in the tax team with the provision of appropriate training in personal and business taxation, with a view to obtaining the relevant professional experience and becoming a qualified Tax Adviser. You will start off by learning the fundamentals, including carrying out technical tax research, producing tax computations, advising clients on their tax requirements and negotiating with HMRC.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist with the preparation and submission of self-assessment Tax Returns and Computations for individuals, partnerships, trusts and companies.
- To advise clients on tax liabilities in a timely manner.
- To assist clients with their tax compliance obligations and meeting the required deadlines in respect of tax compliance.
- To prepare client letters, fee quotes and fees.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
- Undertaking research into tax enquiries on client affairs and adhoc assignments as they arise.
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and tax residency issues.
- To deal with basic client queries (internal and external)
- To deal with associated tax administration.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Achieved A-C/9-4 grades (including Maths and English) at GCSE
- Achieved A-C grades at A Level or equivalent
- Graduates (Achieved or predicted 2:1 minimum) will be considered for the role
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to balance workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification (ATT, potentially leading to CTA for the right candidate)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in able to meet time deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and organised approach to work