Permanent part time position. 30 Hours per week based at FSC Millport on the beautiful Isle of Cumbrae.
Overall Job Purpose:
To assist in all administrative duties; ensuring a proactive and professional administrative support service is delivered to both external customers and internal colleagues and teams. As the first point of contact for customers visiting, telephoning and emailing the learning location, it is imperative that the post holder delivers the highest level of customer service and care at all times.
Although primarily office based, this is essentially a pro-active role which will require moderate physical effort, i.e. moving office files and intensive periods of time spent working on computer systems.
- Providing excellent customer care to residents and day visitors alike from our Reception
- Ensuring all telephone calls and emails coming into the learning location are handled in a professional and timely manner
- Ensuring all enquiries that cannot be dealt with are passed to a senior colleague as appropriate
- Assisting in the provision of administrative support for the smooth running of the learning location
- Preparing for and meeting groups on arrival to welcome and show in to rooms
- Assisting with handling enquiries, taking and processing course bookings and maintaining the FSC bookings database
- Keeping accurate records of booking details and proficiently handling subsequent booking correspondence
- Assisting with promoting the work of the learning location and its programmes to potential customers, stakeholders and partners, specifically the Leisure Learning Programme
- Assisting with customer liaison to ensure that payments are made within agreed timescales
- Assisting with banking procedures and payments of deposits and invoices
- Assisting with the monitoring of cash received and keeping accurate records
- Updating visitor lists for Centre teams and effectively communicating information about bookings to all relevant staff
- Organising transport requests and invoicing schools for transport during the course
- Dealing with lost property
- Undertaking other routine administrative tasks in a timely manner, e.g. filing
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all areas of the learning location’s work in order to respond knowledgeably to enquiries from the public or members of learning location staff
- Following accurately the administrative procedures and systems and make recommendations as appropriate
Applications will be considered on arrival and interviews arranged as appropriate
Previous Applicants need not apply.
For further details and to apply please visit our website at - https://www.field-studies-council.org/vacancies.aspx
- Holidays - 28 day inc bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Small Friendly Team
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Uniform provided