The Heathcotes Group is a specialist provider of residential and supported living services for adults with Learning Disabilities, mental health needs and associated challenging behavior. We have over 65 services nationally and have ambitious growth plans for the future. As such we are looking for you to join our team and grow with us!
We are an excellent company to work for. Our aim is to enable our service users to make life choices, be socially included and take a full and active part in their community. We value our staff as much as the individuals we support; we can offer an excellent work life balance, opportunities for progression as well as none pay related benefits.
We are currently seeking support workers for our residential home in Aylesbury, Wendover House. A spacious 5 bedroom home over 3 floors, all bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. The home has two large living spaces, one of which will be a quiet space for individuals to access, and the other will offer a smart TV with ample seating space for movie nights and games consoles. There is also a spacious conservatory with large patio windows into the garden. There is an open plan kitchen with a separate dining room with a large dining space for 8 people. The dining room also has a large set of patio doors leading into the garden. There is a large, naturally secluded, garden that has a paved area for sitting and a large lawn area. There is a quiet end of the garden which will function as a sensory garden. There is a laundry room with 2 commercial washing machines and a tumble dryer. There is a large communal wet room/bathroom with a shower and toilet. THE ROLE:
- Encourage individuals to live a life that makes sense to them.
- Provide emotional support and encouragement where and when it is needed.
- Always using a person centred approach.
- Monitoring & reporting changes in health, behaviour and needs to relevant professionals.
- Ensuring the home is organised according to the needs of the service users and that safety measures are in place, you may also be expected to assist with housework, shopping, laundry.
- Transporting individuals or escorting to medical or other appointments and social activities.
- Supporting those who need it with budgeting and money management.
; early shift
– 7:30am-2:30pm. Late shift
– 2:30pm-9:30pm. Long shift-
10am-7:30pm planned in advance and will include work every other weekend WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN:
- Pay rate is between £8.25 - £8.85 dependant on qualifications/experience.
- Paid holidays & Paid enhanced DBS check.
- Pension scheme.
- 12 week induction programme working towards achieving the Care Certificate & on going training support.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
- Refer a friend scheme of £50 (ts&cs apply)
- A compassionate and friendly can do attitude.
- A willingness to work some evenings, weekends & bank holidays.
- Drivers preferred but not essential
If you are looking for a long and rewarding career, where you can really make a difference to the lives of the people we support, and you feel that you have the right values, attitude and experience for this role then we are keen to hear from you.
APPLY BELOW OR CONTACT JADE FOR AN APPLICATION FORM
About Heathcotes Chesterfield:
The Heathcotes Group is one of the most experienced providers of residential care for adults with over 300 bespoke placements across 50 specialist services in the UK. We have been a trusted partner to over 50 local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups since 2004. We provide person-centred specialist residential accommodation for adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Illness and associated challenging behaviours. We have much experience in providing living environments that closely resemble typical family homes. Each service has only a small number of beds enabling us to provide the spacious, high quality environments that our service users require.