To load and unload stock for customers and staff, and to assist in the maintenance of stock in the yard / warehouse.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend to customers and the loading of vehicles.
- Prepare materials for delivery in the designated loading areas.
- Load Company vehicles.
- Unload and check the quantities and quality of goods delivered into the yard.
- Report shortages and damages to office staff before signing for goods.
- Put deliveries away in correct areas.
- Keep the yard and warehouse clean and tidy throughout the working day.
- Stock labelling and presentation of goods.
- Report and stock breakages or damages to office staff.
- Check condition and fluid levels on forklifts and loaders on a daily basis.
- Any other reasonable management request.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of general building, hardware, timber products and their application.
- Able to deal with customer queries and complaints in a polite and courteous manner.
- Experience of warehouse work.
- Well organised with a methodical way of working.
- Able to take the initiative regarding levels of stock and breakages.
- Detail conscious.
- Able to manually lift and carry loads.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Works neatly, tidily and safely
- Experience of timber strength grading.
- Counterbalance Forklift License
If you would like more information on this role, please contact: 01306 628114 or to apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com