To provide professional leadership on all track engineering related matters.
Key Success Measures
Safety - Support the implementation of the Colas Rail Limited Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) strategy, associated actions and resulting initiatives, to deliver continuous improvement in all areas.
Profitability - Ensure work is carried out with a continuous view to profitability and efficiency and look after our shareholders by guaranteeing that they see value for money and a profitable business.
Quality - Quality is key to competitiveness. Take responsibility for delivering on time and on budget a high quality product or service, which Colas Rail can take pride in.
Respect - Demonstrate respect for colleagues, our clients and the environment in all areas of work.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
Identifying legislative and other external changes (including client requirements) and ensuring that they are fully introduced into Colas Rail Ltd.
Identifying discipline relevant risk and ensuring suitable controls are identified, introduced and monitored.
Management of professional track competency within Colas Rail Ltd.
Management of the competency matrix for all track related activity.
Management of the relevant technical element of the Safety Management System (eg internal procedures).
Provide technical briefings to the relevant engineers and others as required.
Identify and deliver an appropriate audit and assurance programme, including close out of any identified actions.
Identify external good practice and deliver innovation and on-site support to deliver efficiency and continuous improvement.
Provide professional guidance to the business as required.
Ensure that all track related incidents are investigated and appropriate lessons learnt.
Represent business in external groups
* Chartered membership of a professional body.
* Wide industry experience in a track role, including delivery.
* Understanding of Rail industry standards and procedures
* Current clean driving license essential
* Strong IT literacy and use of Microsoft Office
* Has proven experience operating within the rail industry and has experience of operating at a senior level
* Excellent people management skills
* Good communicator at all levels, both oral and written
* Demonstrates Colas 5Es personal qualities at all times
* Proven record of delivering to targets and deadlines
* Ability to effectively juggle conflicting priorities
* Results orientated and committed to the work undertaken, remaining focused and driven even in challenging times
* Demonstrates polite, enthusiastic, helpful and professional approach at all times
* Have the ability to influence and shape business direction. Be a persuasive communicator, able to express views to diverse groups both internally and externally
* Have good leadership skills and the ability to build an effective team
* Be willing to work out of office hours as required.