Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK’s first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
With flexible working opportunities available, we are now looking to further grow our team with an additional Construction Manager. As a Construction Manager you will be required to support the Bid Team by providing your knowledge and skill to the preconstruction stages. From here you will go on to lead such schemes on site. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will manage a high calibre project team. In doing so you will be able to deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Lead, develop and motivate your project team.
- Support and manage the supply chain to deliver the project to the highest standard.
- Develop and monitor project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy. Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and manage community relations.
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress and instigate corrective actions as required.
- Manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget.
- Review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Maintain continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Ensure consistent implementation of standard procedures.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion.
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects £10m+
- Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc).
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace. We are happy to consider flexible working