Automation Project Engineer
- Danaher Corporation
Apply for this job
**Danaher Company Description**
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient's last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall's food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall's engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visithttps://www.pall.com/en/about-pall.html.
•The position is based within the Pall Manufacturing UK Ltd, responsible for the delivery systems within Pall Biotech's single use hardware portfolio
•Ensure adherence to Pall software governance policies and associated standards.
•Work with vendors to establish best practical automation solutions and ensure conformity of vendor supply.
•Working within Pall Biotech community to drive life cycle management of existing single use technologies and automation on products and platforms for the Biotechnology market.
•Deliver platform approaches that free our products from previous constraints, unlocking easier customization, shorter lead times and simpler integration.
•Subject Matter Expert, advising, leading or directing automation aspects of projects.
Progressing assigned projects relating to the initial requirements; design, development, verification and transfer to end users as part of a global multi-disciplinary project team.
- Technical management of sub-contractors unassisted.
- Automation platform design and implementation.
- Supporting of software validation including executing software FATs at supplier's sites.
- Providing expertise to ensure products are developed to meet current industry and customer requirements.
- Supporting sourcing groups in analysing and identifying strong vendors and partners.
- Authoring protocol and test documentation for internal audience as well as end users.
- Providing ongoing expertise for technical problem-solving.
- Regular reporting for stakeholder information.
- Promote and coordinate project internally within Design, Procurement, Manufacturing, Documentation and Installation teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of projects to external and internal customers, including budgetary, technical and scheduling indications at regular review meetings.
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date, including output to other manufacturing databases is carried out correctly.
- Implement and support continuous improvement.
- Support New Product Introduction projects, being a key stakeholder within the project team.
- Manage project technical repositories.
- Support automation platform integration to end user solutions.
_Implement automation policy and strategic direction into individual projects._
- Review of vendor output against policy (under SME guidance).
- Partake in project design reviews.
- Support the tracking of Pall Automation library change requests, bugs and features and associated library management activities.
_Working with external vendors and partners._
- Critical review of vendor output against requirements.
- Responsible for Pall team compliance to change management.
- Support of automation supplier audits where required.
Some travel within the UK, as well as international travel will be required as part of project and team responsibilities.
- Experience of industrial automated equipment and / or control systems philosophy ideally in regulated environments.
- Educated in Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Process / Chemical Engineering - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in a project based organisation.
_Additional Desirable Skills: _
- Experience within healthcare (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical) is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of GAMP - Good Automation Manufacturing Practice.
- Project management qualification and / or experience in high value projects desirable.
_Other Requirements _
- To work safely and to comply with the company's health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Current Passport & prepared to travel.
- Driving License.
*Diversity & Inclusion*
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
**Job Function:** Engineering
**Primary Location:** EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-ENG-Portsmouth
**Req ID:** PAL003444
Apply for this job