Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Focal Point.
Key objective of the role can be split into 4 main categories:
- Governance: Manage multiple contracts to ensure the contract accounting teams record all accounting entries in an accurate and timely manner in line with technical accounting standards and internal policies and controls. Ensure governance framework in place and adhered to across all contracts and ensure compliance with internal controls including reconciliations, validation and control checks. Full accountability and ownership of reporting financial numbers to Senior Management.
- Client Relationships: Manage Finance relationship with Clients by ensuring timely and accurate billing, providing oversight to credit control process and escalating issues where necessary to maximise cash collections and minimise DSO.
- Contract Support: Proactive engagement with Contract Management to review and analyse accounts, assist with accurate forecasting and budgeting and support Contract Management with concise variance analysis. Ensure management have all required data for informed decision making in a timely manner and assist with any financial issues. Ensure Finance teams are providing the best service to contract stakeholders.
- People: People management is the final key objective in this role with the expectation that the Senior Finance Focal Point will lead, coach, develop and performance manage teams
- Assistance with preparation of annual budget/mid-year forecasts and monthly reforecasts for contracts under remit. Review and challenge presented forecasts in conjunction with Contract Management and Finance Manager. Support Contract Management in presentation of financial forecasts.
- Oversee/review of contract month end close out activities ensuring all accounting entries are processed in time for period close, in accordance with technical accounting standards, and in line with company procedures for reconciliations and balance sheet controls.
- Reporting financial performance to Senior Management including clear and concise variance analysis for allocated contracts. Provide support to Contract Management to analyse and report on contract financial performance.
- Oversee / review Accounts Receivable process including unbilled reviews, invoice submission, cashflow forecasting, credit control and DSO. Provide active challenge to contract processes to improve this position meanwhile ensuring good client relationships.
- Supervision, management, coaching and development of the finance team.
- Co-ordination of data across allocated contracts for Group requests including insurance renewal process, credit risk policy, quarterly and annual self-certifications and internal/external audits
- Ensure contract finance compliance with action trackers and timely close out of any issues.
- Proactively manage escalation of queries with internal functions including timewriting, business systems, corporate finance and other business services teams to resolve in a timely manner and ensure no impact to financial numbers reported.
- Leadership of Financial projects to help deliver annual functional objectives and assist with business improvement
- Work collaboratively and cohesively with other Finance Management to:
- maintain consistency within the function and promote best practice within the teams
- adequately resource positions ensuring best fit for the business as well as individual development
- develop and roll out annual communication plan including town halls & lunch and learns
- provide absence cover across to contracts to ensure business continuity
Ensure all process and procedures used on contracts are fully documented and tested.Promotes and lives the core values, leadership and financial management frameworkExecution of various ad hoc tasks as and when requested to support Finance Manager / Contact Management.
Skills / Qualifications
- Fully Qualified with a relevant professional body
- Relevant accounting experience
- Proven people management and development experience
- Proficient in various applicable software systems
- Technical skills and experience to conduct and review various accounting tasks
- Excellent commercial awarenes
- Excellent organisational and communication skills to lead teams and deliver results to deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficient user of Excel
- Ability to train others and provide technical information and support
- Excellent problem solving skills with a focus on bringing solutions to the table
- Customer focussed – internally and externally
- Ability to discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels within the organisation
- Experience in similar industry role
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.