Rebellion are looking for a pro-active HR Assistant/Administrator with great attention to detail to help in the day-to-day running of our HR department. Ideally with some prior HR experience, however we will consider a junior or apprentice who is keen to learn and progress in HR.
You will join a small in-house HR team at Rebellion Services to provide HR support for 300+ staff across all companies within the Rebellion Group. Rebellion is a creative and diverse company with a relaxed and friendly working atmosphere, covering games, TV, film, book and comic publishing. No specific industry experience is necessary but we do want someone who is looking for a long-term HR career in a non-corporate environment, with a willingness to do whatever is needed to support all other staff to achieve their best and keep things running smoothly.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
You will have;
- Strong academic background or proven administrative experience.
- Any professional HR experience would be an advantage.
- Effective and prompt administration of all aspects of day-to-day HR and documentation
- Assist and support other HR staff as required
- Organise and maintain employee records
- Respond to queries and provide support to managers and employees
- Conduct return to work interviews after sickness absences
- Manage the on-boarding process for new starters including carrying out staff inductions
- Manage the off-boarding process for leavers including carrying out exit interviews
- Organised with great attention to detail, able to prioritise and multi-task
- Professional and discrete, able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Positive, helpful and approachable, able to inspire confidence and communicate well with staff at all levels
- Active interest in promoting a great working environment
- Competent PC user with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Any experience with HR systems (eg attendance, recruitment, etc) an advantage
- Any knowledge of employment law and HR practices an advantage
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Childcare Vouchers: for nurseries, holiday care and after school clubs, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise.
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc