Corin, a rapidly growing orthopaedic medical device business, is currently looking for a Senior Design Engineer to work within our Research & Development department designing medical devises which include implant & instrumentation for all Corin Group hip products. Corin manufactures clinically proven implants (hip, knee, ankle and shoulder replacements) at our head office in Cirencester and we distribute these worldwide to countries such as Japan, USA, Australia and France. Our tag line “Connected Orthopaedic Insight” shows that we are revolutionising the orthopaedic market as we are now using technology (OPS, Omni and RPM) to understand and provide patient data to the surgeon and healthcare providers to deliver better outcomes to everyone.
The key responsibilities for an NPI Senior Product Development Engineer are to;
- Design with complexity using 2D and 3D CAD models of implants and instruments for design/manufacturing use.
- Generate full design package to facilitate transfer to production.
- Create / file / maintain design drawings, process sheets, inspection sheets and other design related documentation.
- Produce design output packages where required.
- Liaise with Manufacturing, Production Engineering and Quality teams internally to ensure effective introduction of new devices.
- Administrate / facilitate / focus on design control and design risk
- Lead the development and design process independently.
- Manage difficult / complex discussions with customers.
- Be the ‘Go to resource’ within the product development team supporting the Team Leader
- Work closely with the Regulatory team to ensure correct submission of products.
- Fully project manage a New Product Initiative (NPI)
- Present on the full project status independently to the surgeons.
- Generate new ideas and think outside of the box.
- Work under their own initiative.
- Carry out work in a safe, efficient and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Corin’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Adhere to the quality management system (Q-Pulse) and Quality Standards (IS013285 QMS and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) FDA21 CFR Part 820)
The ideal NPI Senior Product Development Engineer will have;
- Ideally a master’s or PHD in Biomedical, Medical or mechanical engineering and completed some project study work on either hips.
- Extensive work experience working in a design team ideally within orthopaedics or medical related.
- Have strong problem-solving abilities.
- Identify and analyse problems.
- Generate compliant development and design solutions in line with design specifications.
- Think creatively and critically.
- Generate technical reports.
- Produce and deliver technical presentations.
- Assess designs via CAD and CAE verification and tolerance stack analysis.
- Have strong relationship management with surgeons and suppliers.
- Have a high level of computer literacy.
- Possess excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Be an effective decision maker.
- Drive the creation of design solutions and concepts
As a Senior Design Engineer in Hips, you will receive a competitive salary and annual bonus as well as
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
• Excellent pension – 6% initially rising to 9.7% after 18 months.
• Life assurance (6x basic salary).
• Private medical insurance with BUPA for you and your family.
• Subsidised canteen.
• Free car parking.
• Inclusive and dynamic work environment where you are accountable and can grow your career in finance.
Corin is the 2nd largest employer in Cirencester with nearly 400 employees who consist of manufacturing (CNC operatives), Engineering (quality and production engineering), Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Marketing, Sales, IT, HR, Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics. We are easily accessible from the A419, A435, M5 and M4 if you live in Swindon, Wiltshire, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bristol, Bath, Stroud or Oxford Corin could be the company for you.