Salary: £45K + Commission + Car
Our clients the market leading membership organisation within the leisure sector.
Our client boasts Europe’s largest circulation magazine title focused
on the hobby and lifestyle sector, mailed to over 300k member subscriber households, plus, a
successful website with 9m page impressions and 600k unique visitors a month.
Our client is looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to deliver the budgeted revenue
from print advertising sales within the Club magazine, digital advertising from the website
and email, plus additional revenues from sponsorship,
This is a management position and the successful candidate will be expected
to lead and inspire the Commercial Advertising & Sales team.
Purpose of job: As Commercial Manager with staff reporting to you, you will be responsible
for making sure monthly advertising sales revenue targets are achieved. Revenue will be
derived from the print and digital magazine, the website and email newsletters.
You will plan and execute strategies and build long term, professional relationships with new
and existing clients to develop business and grow revenue.
You and the team will be selling both direct to some clients as well as through agencies. Driving advertising revenue from
new market sectors outside of touring industry will be a key focus for this role. You will also
be responsible for making budget recommendations, and tracking performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to build upon the existing team success!
● Ensure the teams monthly sales revenue targets are met.
● Lead, inspire, motivate and manage the Commercial Advertising & Partnerships
● Oversee relationships with new and existing clients to add long term mutual
benefit, identifying ways to meet their advertising needs and grow revenue.
● Explore and implement new opportunities to grow advertising revenue through
new and existing channels, and new and existing markets.
● Manage existing relationships with agencies and identify and bring on new ones.
● Analyse and report on sales revenue targets and forward bookings.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
● Ambitious and results driven - the successful candidate will thrive on delivering
revenue to an ambitious target
● Strong sales and negotiation skills, with a proven track record of delivering direct
sales to individual target, preferably within print and digital media.
● Management experience with a proven track record of managing high performing
● Excellent hunter of new business, with experience of selling into a variety of
industries and sectors
● Building mutually beneficial B2B partnerships
● Experience of selling ‘packages’ to clients, including print and digital advertising,
email, and sponsorship
● Analytical and numerical - the successful candidate will have the numeric skills to
manage sales performance to pace and budget
● Experience of optimising sales CRM systems
● Experienced at setting budgets and managing performance
● Engaging and confident communication skills
● Excellent organisational skills
● Initiative and enthusiasm
● Credible and consistent approach
● Good written and verbal English
Apply now: email@example.com
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
From £25,000 to £35,000 per annum + Commission + benefits
Crawley, West Sussex
more details »
Meridian Business Support
£29000 - £45000/annum Uncapped commission
more details »
CDH Search & Selection
From £20,000 to £22,000 per annum Competitive Basic …
Horsham, West Sussex
more details »