This is an opportunity for NHS Medical Doctor’s to get a first glimpse of the pharmaceutical industry working on preparation for clinical trials for a leading organisation. This opportunity not only gives you valid experience but will help you progress into a senior position later down the line in pharmaceuticals. This is a 6 month role in anticipation to become a Clinical Research Physician. Ask for more details.
If you fit the following criteria please drop a copy of your CV to me at email@example.com
Medical Doctor ( UK Training/Education) GMC Registered Foundation trained Looking for a career in pharma
There has been a lot of interest in this opportunity so I advise not to delay when considering your candidature.
Job Type: 12 month contract
Hours: 40 hour contract, (Monday – Friday)
Location: London Bridge
We are offering a great position for an ambitious and enthusiastic fully GMC registered physician to obtain research experience in a dynamic commercial clinical research environment located within London Bridge. We are looking for a doctor with good clinical skills and the capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge and judgement. Your previous training should include 1 year post FY1/2 or a specialty registrar with grade code 9.
You must have undertaken and completed either your undergraduate or post graduate training in the UK to be considered for this position.
Role & Responsibilities
· To perform physical examinations (check whether any special tests are required for the study they are screening for , such as groin lymph node examination or MMSE)
· To assess ECGs: 1. Are the parameters within the study-defined normal ranges? 2. Is morphology normal? 3. Is there a valid triplicate*?
· To assess vital signs against the study-defined ranges
· Checking past and current medical history.
· To check the pre-screening questionnaire
· To update the electronic volunteer database (VDB) with findings from screening Working environment
This is an early phase clinical trials unit. We do Phase I and Phase II trials but you will only be assisting in the screening for Phase I trials (often first-in-human, less commonly for a new route or formulation of a pre-existing/trialled drug). You will be involved in 3 main clinical areas: the screening/outpatient ward where you will be based and 2 ‘inpatient’ wards. Fluency in English, both oral and written, is essential. A good sense of humour and a team spirit would be very welcome.