Karma St. Martin’s is the only hotel on the island of St Martin’s. The island is one of the stunning Isles of Scilly, an archipelago of five inhabited islands and 140 more that are empty except for wildlife and seabirds, 30 miles from the coast of Cornwall.
A Restaurant & Bar Team Member with Karma Group is responsible for working in all areas of Food and Beverage as needed to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service.
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant & Bar Team Member, you are responsible for working in all areas of the Cloudesley Shovell Restaurant & Bar as needed to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Restaurant & Bar Team member would also be required to take and deliver customer orders. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Able to work in all areas of Food & Beverage including Bar, Restaurant & Events including weddings
• Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
• Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service
• Set up of tables and/or rooms
• Follow cash handling procedures
• Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
• Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
• Ensure compliance of brand standards
• Ensure cleanliness of work areas
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
• Comply with local licensing laws
• Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Restaurant & Bar Team Member serving Karma Group and are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Positive attitude
• Good English communication skills
• Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Ability to work on your own or in teams
• Food & Beverage and/or industry experience
• Experience with cash handling
• Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Cocktail Making Experience
• Knowledge of Micros POS
• Wine Knowledge
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic brand that is fresh and innovative. .A professional & friendly team environment in one of the most beautiful destinations in the UK. Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will be provided with reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Karma Group. We also provide accommodation and 3 meals a day. --- we create experiences…..
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: