- Grounds Maintenance Assistant
- Salary £19,000
- Temp to perm
- Full Time 37.5 hours
- Location: West Yorkshire
My client is recruiting for a caretaker to work in the WF1 area of Wakefield. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the site, carrying out planned and reactive work when needed as well as the main daily duties. The overall aim of the role is to ensure that the internal and external facilities are available, fully functional, H&S compliant and aesthetically pleasing.
The duties of the role are:
- Planned and Reactive maintenance work when needed.
- Day to day duties according to the schedule.
- Proactive in spotting potential Health and Safety risks.
- Cleaning and deep cleaning when required.
- Carry out minor repairs and decoration work.
- Liaise with the Facilities Assistant to ensure that tasks are managed in an efficient and professional manner
- Litter picking and emptying bins
- Grass cutting
The ideal candidate:
- Should have previous groundsman experience.
- Handyman skills including, minor plumbing and carpentry
- Enhanced DBS Check
- IT knowledge is preferable.
- Able to interview week commencing 24/06