Graduate Transport Planner
Our client is seeking a Graduate Engineer/Technician to join its development planning team at their office in Kent. The company is a growing business that has a significant forward workload which includes a range of projects across the UK from commercial, retail and residential through to Local Development Framework representations and providing expert witness evidence.
Your role will be the day-to-day technical input into a variety of projects. This will involve the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans including trip generation, distribution and assignment, junction capacity assessments, highway design including use of CAD, accident data analysis, public transport and site accessibility assessments and mapping.
The wide range of projects provides an excellent opportunity for you to develop your skills and progress your career. This company advocates personal development and responsibility and you will be encouraged to take ownership of small scale projects at an early stage. As such you will be expected to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
Requested competencies include:
- Use of AutoCAD software;
- Knowledge of highway junction design;
- Use of Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of junction analysis and use of ARCADY & PICADY software;
- Knowledge of Transport Assessment and Travel Plan preparation;
- Understanding of the planning process; and
- Understanding and knowledge of GIS and accessibility mapping.
For more information contact Michael Power at RGB Network.