We’re looking for an experienced design manager to lead our graphic designers and artwork studio. And be an integral role in the creative department of our award-winning experiential agency.
We have the perfect environment for someone who has a passion for leading a team of designers and artworkers, has a love for design and typography, an obsession for craft and a passion for great ideas.
You will be as happy working with an energetic team as you are on your own. Your ideas and craft will deliver visually brilliant campaigns and print ready artwork – helping people experience the brands we work with like never before.
You’ll work closely with HOC and CDs and the wider agency to manage and resource campaigns. Working closely with the traffic coordinator to effortlessly deliver work. Liaising with internal departments, (CM and BD) printers and production companies.
From huge experiential activations to point of sale, digital and print ready artwork you’ll be in control. And your work will deliver time and time again. Reporting into the ECD, you’ll do this for our fantastic list of clients.
- Deliver visually brilliant work and print ready files on brand and on time. Everytime.
- Inspire and manage graphic designers and the studio designers.
- You will love working in a fast paced, creative environment with an exciting set of clients, including Global FMCG brands and leading UK retailers.
- To manage the time of the studio
- To implement and monitor our internal process; TACCL.
- To manage the flow of work through the studio, ensuring that the right people are deployed on the right activities and that the department is run effectively but is also an exciting and inspiring place to work
- To use Trello, Resource Guru and Agile. Working with the traffic co-ordinator ensuring that both are 100% up-to-date at all times.
- Work closely with Head of Creative and Creative Directors to deliver brilliant work.
- To manage the day to day resource efficiently including freelance management and supervision and liaison with suppliers to achieve the required creative resource
- Responsible for the profitability and utilisation of the designers ensuring that chargeable work is effectively managed, that pitches are adequately resourced, and that downtime is used properly
- To establish and communicate timelines need to be followed to produce the best creative work
- To be looking for ways to improve creative processes and work smarter. To defend the implementation of such processes, ensuring that they are followed consistently
- Communicate to all fellow employees, both within our team and those in other departments, in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
- To work with the creative directors to ensure that the right people are resourced on the right jobs, and that skill sets for each is exploited.
An empathy with creative staff and their work, a familiarity with their needs and an understanding of the skills needed to produce high quality creative work
We would like you to:
- have at least 5 year’s senior experience in print, experiential and design studios.
- be obsessed with the visual world.
- own a portfolio of work you are proud of
- love experiential activation's and retail design
- enjoy working with creative, managing designers and other agency folk
- relish in presenting your creative work to anyone
- be detail focused, never missing a thing.
- Manage workload and traffic.
- Work with electronic scheduling software (Trello, Resource guru or similar).
- A graphic design degree.