School Attendance Officer / Administrator required for a primary school in Enfield, North London
Remedy Education is working on behalf of a primary school in Enfield, London that are looking for a School Attendance Officer to start ASAP.
The Attendance Officer will work alongside key school staff in school to promote excellent attendance, reduce levels of absence and work with children and families to promote high levels of attendance.
It is important to:
- Promote and support high levels of attendance, to support students in achieving to their full potential
- Promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture
- To work in conjunction with the school's Achievement Programme
- To work with identified individual and groups of students, using regular attendance checks
- and contact with parents/carers and students to improve levels of attendance
- To collate information with regard to the attendance of students who may be experiencing
- Attendance difficulties in order to inform school, Education Welfare and parents/carers.
- To follow School Policy of 'first day contact' within the school.
- To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks or unexplained absences remain.
- To check and remind any necessary staff to complete registers.
- To ensure all unexplained absences are accounted for or send letter requesting an explanation.
- To input timely information i.e. exams, music trips, sporting events, workbased learning appointments, absence reports etc and to keep Learning Coordinators and staff updated.
- To check accuracy and correct coding on registers before printing off official registers and filing away on a termly basis.
- To print off official registers daily and explained absences to ensure at hand in event of a fire
- To follow Attendance policy and send out letters as required
- To maintain an accurate system for students signing in/out of school
- To assist and check records prior to the Census to ensure school attendance is accurate and up to date
- To produce and interpret information relating to attendance patterns
- To provide updates for staff on student attendance
- To monitor the attendance of vulnerable groups of students and liaise with staff/AEN department
- To contact all absent students on a daily basis in line with the school's Attendance policy
- To assist with the identification of students who will receive support in improving their attendance record
- To work with parents/carers and other agencies in improving their child's attendance record and coordinating parental support and training where appropriate
- To work with a regular group of students using regular attendance checks and contact with parents/carers to improve levels of attendance
- To collate, maintain and update attendance data
- To produce termly reports for Educational Welfare Officer and copy to the relevant Assistant Headteacher
- To work alongside relevant staff, contact teachers, senior management, learning support assistants
If you think you are the right attendance officer for this role then please apply now.