We are actively seeking a Skilled Manual Machinist,
Must be able to operate and show experience of working the following machine tools: vertical/horizontal borer, centre lathes, milling machines, radial arm drill, and other applicable machine shop duties.
Must be able to operate:
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
* Apprentice trained, skilled manual machinist
* City and Guilds or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline but relevant experience will also be acceptable.
* Ability to operate manual machine tools, in particular horizontal borer,
* To be fully conversant with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
* Use measuring instruments to meet tight tolerance requirements.
* Recording critical dimensions on associated Inspection Sheets.
* Good written communication and verbal communication skills
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
* Ensure that all work carried out is compliant with the Quality and Safety Competency Management System (QSCMS).
* Able to work independently to tight deadlines, as well as play an active part in a team.
* Ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly, meeting required timescales
* Feedback to engineering any machining process improvement idea's drawing tolerance amendments required.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong prioritization skills
* Good team player
* Safety orientated, that all work carried out within team(s) is compliant with health and safety legislation and organisational health and safety policies and procedures, as much as reasonably practicable.
* Able to work flexibly across the working week, including a shift pattern when required, and work across a broad range of activities as the role evolves.
* Participate as and when required in team and one to one meetings, and undertake, as appropriate, courses, training and other developmental activities, relevant to the role.
* Keep up to date with developments within the Company and other sector wide practices that influence the day-to-day activities within the role, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and any other relevant internal and external factors e.g. Company policies and procedures, quality management standards, health & safety.
* Ensure, in the course of employment, complete confidentiality is maintained in respect of the Company, its dealings, transactions, and all other information relating to clients and customers, staff etc.
* Demonstrate commitment to the aims and objectives of the Company and the implementation of its Equal Opportunities policy in the workplace.
* In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined, you must be prepared to undertake such additional duties within your competency/capability, which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility to the post