Our client is recruiting for an experienced transport administrator/coordinator to plan and schedule deliveries in a fast paced environment.
The main responsibility is to ensure efficient use of all resources available and to meet the demands of the company transport. Your primary focus will be on planning and scheduling.
Tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
- Scheduling and planning of all deliveries and collections in consultation with all internal departments.
- Take responsibility for the accurate booking and allocating of vehicle request from all departments using the Easy Job Resource Planner.
- To organise Drivers for each request received, scheduling routes; using both employees and external contractors.
- Regularly inspect Tachographs to ensure the drivers follow the Government legislation.
- Keep clear records of deliveries and collections made, with daily and weekly reviews.
- Facilitate the hiring of additional vehicles as required.
- Take responsibility for the administration of all keys for vehicles and security areas.
- Assess and Approve (if possible) all holiday requests and allocate planned rest periods for the Drivers.
- Input all holiday and rest period allocation for drivers in to Easy Job and HR Online.
- Responsible for the maintenance of vehicles covering planned and unplanned works.
- Ensure all incidents involving vehicles are accurately reported and investigated with claim form submitted as necessary. Continue with looking after subsequent repairs.
- Advise staff and customers on H&S protocol.
- Ensure clear communication is maintained with all stakeholders.
- Keep transport pricing tool up to date.
- Be prepared to undertake site inductions and training.
- To represent the company in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by your Line Manager.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with us today!
Red Recruitment (agency)