We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Administration Manager to join The Fen rivers Academy, an alternative education provision for learners aged 5 to 16-years-old and whose needs cannot be met within a mainstream environment.
As Administration Manager you will be communicating at all levels of seniority and relating to a diverse range of people and situations. You will oversee the delivery of efficient and effective administrative systems and procedures and will provide personal assistance to the Headteacher. You will also manage and control stock, for example, stationery, complaints, cash, payments and system security.
Your main duties will include:
- PA to Headteacher and extended Leadership Team
- All aspects of staff recruitment up to point of interview
- Updating and maintaining the single central record
- School Support and Data System (SIMS)
- Administration Staff and Office management
PA to Headteacher and extended Leadership Team
- Provide a comprehensive and fully confidential secretarial service to the Headteacher, dealing with all matters with discretion and diplomacy
- Provide a comprehensive and fully confidential administration service to the extended Leadership Team
- Close liaison with the school’s extended Leadership Team.
- Hold the school’s calendar and meet regularly with the Headteacher to review and plan for upcoming events.
- Ensure that the school office is manned and open to visitors from 8.00 am until 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Arrange catering for meetings/visitors
- Line management of the Site Manager
- Excellent administrative and planning skills
- Aware of education organisation staffing structures and immediate contacts
- Knowledge of School’s and Catch22 policies and procedures
- Maintain and update the school website
- Knowledge of Health & Safety / security regulations and procedure
- Act as point of contact for general parent, pupil, agencies and visitor enquiries, responding with standard procedures or referring the enquiry to an appropriate destination
- To provide general administrative support within the school e.g. photocopying, secretarial assistance etc.
- Liaise with relevant team members within The Spires Academy and Catch22 to ensure that communal spaces and offices are safe and pleasant working environments for staff
- Act as a fully qualified fire warden