Groups & Events Manager
This unique travel company are true specialists in their field and with their continued growth now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Groups & Events Manager to join their dedicated team. In this newly created role you will be managing the account of a new & prestigious client and taking ownership for the planning and operation of their travel & events requirements.
Groups & Events Manager - Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop & maintain a professional, collaborative relationship with client to build a positive, professional and successful account.
- Full end to end event management from planning through to on site attendance at major events.
- Day to day management of a small team - ensuring all travel is booked according to client requirements and on budget and to tight deadlines.
- Book a wide variety of flight and ground arrangements for clients, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Work with Flight Manager to secure required group allocations and contracts with airlines.
- Attend client meetings both in the UK and overseas as required.
- Project management from initial enquiry and booking to contract, payment and onsite management and attendance as necessary.
Groups & Events Manager - Experience Required:
- Must have experience of working in a similar Groups Manager / Account Manager / Operations Manager role / corporate groups role within travel.
- Excellent account management and relationship management skills with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively at all levels.
- Strong operational background with the ability to organise and book large groups including flights and all ground arrangements.
- Ability to manage multiple events, prioritising workload and managing a small team to ensure exemplary service to the client.
- Ability to work flexibly with the willingness to work out of hours on occasion, according to business demands.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly proficient GDS skills, preferably Sabre.
- Ability to thrive in a highly pressurised, fast paced and exciting environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Groups & Events Manager - Additional Information:
- Very generous salary - according to experience.
- Office based role - south coast location.
- Monday to Friday 9 to 5.30 but with flexibility to work outside of these hours according to workload and events.
- Fantastic working environment with an emphasis on staff wellbeing and a wide programme of sports & social activities on offer throughout the year.
Please apply for the position of Groups & Events Manager online or email your cv to email@example.com
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk