Location Basingstoke, Hampshire · Salary £19,575.00/Year · Category Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Chemicals, Paints, Pharmaceuticals · Job type Permanent · Industry Industrial and Manufacturing · External Reference JN-072019-77156
Dispensary Operative - 2 shifts available 0545-1400 and 1345 -2200. Monday to Friday . You will be permanently working your chosen shift
Permanent role 37.5 hours per week, overtime may be available
Starting at £10ph raising to £11.50 after probationary period and pay review after approx 6-9 months
B asingstoke based until September - then permanently based in Andov er
Reporting to the Dispensary Lead Hand for routine operational matters and to the Logistics Manager for all other issues, the post holder will be responsible for dispensing a variety of raw materials for the manufacture of a wide range of high quality healthcare and pharmaceutical bulk products.
As part of a small Dispensary team, the post holder will provide continuity of supply of pre-weighed raw materials to support the bulk manufacturing schedule, whilst ensuring full compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Health and Safety regulations.
This is a factory-based role, requiring the post holder to be standing for most of the working day. Moderate physical effort will be required and will include bending, lifting and the operation of basic manual handling and weighing equipment. The post involves basic documentation and simple recording of electronic data, which requires accuracy and attention to detail at all times. The post holder will be required to work within clearly defined processes and procedures with most decision making being referred to the next level for approval.
* Dispense raw materials in line with priorities set by the Dispensary Lead Hand
* Ensure that the Dispensary area is prepared and cleaned in accordance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) / Work Instructions prior to dispensing raw materials for each batch
* Dispense raw materials in line with relevant documentation Batch Manufacturing Records (BMR); Material Requisitions; Sample Requests) following the appropriate SOPs / Work Instructions, advising the Dispensary Lead Hand of any shortages or discrepancies
* Accurately record batch data and information as specified in the relevant SOPs /Safe Work Instructions (SWIs), in compliance with GMP rules for documentation
* Consolidate, identify and locate dispensed raw materials in readiness for bulk manufacture
* Consolidate, identify and return unconsumed raw materials for relocation in the warehouse
* Ensure that weighing equipment is routinely checked in line with relevant SOPs / SWIs
* Report any equipment failures to the Dispensary Lead Hand / Logistics Manager for resolution
* Identify raw material quality issues to the Dispensary Lead Hand for resolution
* Support the Dispensary Lead Hand in providing on-the-job training for new recruits, ensuring compliance with relevant SOPs / Work Instructions
* Ensure that safe working practices are followed at all times, and that walkways are kept clear of obstruction
* Maintain high standards of GMP at all times in the dispensary and other accountable areas
* Operate electric powered pallet / stacker truck
* Carry out any other reasonable duties at the request of the Dispensary Lead Hand or Logistics Manager
* Be available for weekend and out of hours work if and when the business dictates
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy