GCI Health is a full-service global communications agency specialising in Healthcare yet within the BCW group. BCW group is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world leader in communications services. The BCW UK finance function covers BCW and GCI Health.
We are looking for someone who is ready to pursue an accounting career within the Media Industry.
You may have ACCA or CIMA qualifications or are in the final stages in becoming ACCA or CIMA qualified.
We are looking for the absolute best to join our team - you will be tenacious, hardworking and a great team player. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and understand finance within a busy and everchanging company. The role will involve everything from Managing revenue to financial reporting into WPP systems.
Preferably we're looking for someone available to start immediately.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Manage Revenue Recognition and Financial Management of GCI Health London.
- Supervise internal GCI Health revenue management reporting, ensuring forecasts are up to date, flagging increase / decrease / client agreement / resourcing issues and monitor overall ongoing revenue forecast is meeting Budget / Quarterly company forecasts.
- Provide support to the GCI Health business, ensuring key areas of revenue are worked through collaboratively with the GCI Health team / FD / FC.
- Managing GCI Health billability / over service reporting process, investigating issues, collaborate with team to resolve issues.
- Prepare Management Accounts for GCI Health, through to WPP system (cartesis)
- Provide guidance / support to the BCW Senior Management Accountant, assisting each other in busy periods.
- For GCI Health, prepare WWHQ & EHQ support on monthly P&L variance, question responses, quarterly Letter of representation, Client profitability, quarter actuals & Corporate & social responsibility, Balance sheet reviews, Gift register, New business template and Year end requirements for proforma & year end schedules.
- Prepare WPP Brands UK Ltd support for statutory requirements tax, annual reports and other statutory requirements for GCI Health.
- Prepare GCI Health VAT return
- GCI Health Month End reconciliations/File/Journals.
- GCI Health Intercompany management, ICS reporting and reconciliation
- GCI Health Maconomy employee maintenance and freelancer approval in third party portal.
- Provide GCI Health budget and reforecasting support
- Support other members of the team as and when required.
- Prepare year end audit process in conjunction with Financial Controller
- Maintain SOX Compliance and implement new SOX process as SOX requirements change
- Involved with continuous improvements to finance processes.
Essential skills and competencies
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong transactional accounting and system skills
- Ability to follow through on required tasks.
- Exposure to and an effective understanding of principles of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Exposure to WPP reporting practices and systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organised, methodical and able to manage a busy reporting timetable with multiple deliverables.
- Professional attitude and remain calm under pressure
We’re looking for the absolute best to join our team, you will be tenacious, hardworking and a great team player.