BODY /MET TECHNICIAN FITTER
£32,000 + BONUS BETWEEN £200-250 PER MONTH
HOURS OF WORK: 06:45 - 16:15 PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
OVERTIME AVAILABLE ON SATURDAYS PAID AT TIME AND A HALF
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Vehicle Body Fitter to work for my client based in Park Royal. My client is a FTSE 100 engineering support services company who work closely with the Armed Forces, Metropolitan Police and Ministry of Defence. This role falls under my clients Critical Services Department and it will involve stripping, fitting and repairing Metropolitan Police vehicles that have been involved in collisions to a safe and efficient manner.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To strip, fit, and repair vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required.
- Prioritise and complete vehicles in accordance with procedures in operation and to the standard and Quality required and rechargeable damage is identified and authorised.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To strip and fit vehicles to enable body and paint repairs to be carried out, to adjust and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided. To ensure new parts are fitted to vehicles after panel and paint has been completed.
- To report to the estimator any additional/further damage not on the estimate, and check all required new parts are on the job sheet. To carry road testing where deemed necessary. To drive in a manner within the parameters of the law and ensuring that all police signs are covered appropriately.
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Controller and correct completion of paperwork
- To order from the parts department, all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work
- To interpret technical service information and data from manuals, bulletins and or computer files and data. Implement by applying correct techniques
- To ensure at all times that equipment and tools are kept in a clean, safe condition and to report any shortages or damaged/faulty equipment the line manager.
- Conduct work in a safe tidy and clean manner taking responsibility for the working environment and allocated work area, cleaning work area after completion jobs.
- Provide technical and diagnostic support to colleagues where required
- Ensure all QTIB bulletins and related procedures and supporting documentation are read and pro-actively read on a quarterly basis.
- Keep up to date with technical and manufacturer/industry information.
- Ensure all parts returns are documented and returned in accordance with the procedures required.
- Maintain the workshop in safe and clean manner in accordance with requirements.
- To be aware of the application of COSHH regulations, which includes the disposal of waste and the storage and issues of substances, as stated within the company's procedures.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed and adhered to in accordance with Company requirements and regulations in force.
- To participate in training courses required from time to time.
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current Company's Networks Division:
- Health and Safety policy
- Quality Policy
- Environmental Policy
- To work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
- To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
- To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Flexible, Proactive, Team Player
- Pride taken in the completion and presentation of completed repairs
- Computer literate.
- Full driving licence
- Good level of industry knowledge / awareness
- Completion of Manufacturer training through Ford, Vauxhall or BMW
- Good understanding and working knowledge of body repair equipment.
- Proven experience in a Motor Vehicle Body Fitter (Strip and Fit) role, with at least 2 years' experience gained fully qualified.
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Body Repairs or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3 or equivalent
- Hold Master Technician qualifications or working towards this level
- Ability to network and build effective relationships
- Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
For more information on this role please contact me on 01895 205493 or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk