**Senior Electric Machines Design Engineer - D&E - CES, UK**
Reporting to the Chief Electrical Machines Engineer, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven capability and experience in electrical machine design and development roles. The work will involve designing and developing high performance rotating electrical machines for Zytek's innovative electric and hybrid power trains. The candidate should be capable of working from broad requirements and be able to communicate thoughts and ideas to other technical specialists within a multidisciplined team.
• Interpretation of machine requirements in collaboration with systems, hardware and mechanical engineers to generate detailed formal specifications;
• Conceptual design from first principals applied to permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types;
• Progressing machine designs from ideas to prototypes with the development of detailed models and supporting engineering documentation, through to participating in prototype build, testing and validation;
• Generation and execution of machine specific test plans, engineering documentations, coordinating investigation and undertake analysis where necessary to resolve performance issues;
• Establish and maintain specialist design tools and methodologies to support electrical machine design;
• Supervising technical support staff during machine assembly and test;
• Support Business Development in winning new business, representing the Company at supplier, partner and customer locations, both in the UK and overseas;
• Generation and formal review of technical documentation from the design process.
• Engineering degree or equivalent;
• Relevant postgraduate training would be an advantage;
• Experience of quick-sizing with emphasis on electromagnetic and thermal performance of electrical machines;
• Experience in designing and developing high performance brushless rotating electrical machines, typically including permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types;
• Experienced and familiar with using a range of electromagnetic FEA tools together with other machine design tools;
• Understanding and experience of all mechanical aspects that influence the design of rotating electrical machines. This would extend to a familiarity with CAD analysis tools;
• Experience of small to medium volume manufacturing and assembly techniques appropriate to rotating electrical machines;
• Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex technical problems;
• Good written and verbal communication skills. German language skills would be advantageous;
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined project team but also to work alone unsupervised to complete tasks on time and within budget;
• Highly-motivated, confident in customer facing situations;
• Able to share skills and to develop others.
**Division Footer Text**
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
As an engineering and production partner, Continental Engineering Services (CES) develops customized solutions for technologically challenging tasks in automotive and industrial industries. Become a part of a strong team and help us ensure that future mobility becomes more user-friendly, drive-efficient, safe and comfortable.